The last few months have been busy in our garden. My dream greenhouse build was finally completed and ever since, it has been a flurry of activity as we try to get all our seeds sown.
Here is a quick look inside my new greenhouse.
This year, I'm growing a few tomato varieties that I've not tried before.
From seed, I've sown:
- 'Mountain Magic', a blight resistant variety with medium sized fruits (Thompson & Morgan),
- 'Akron', a heavy cropper averaging 69 fruits per plant!? (Thompson & Morgan)
I'm also growing old favourites like:
- 'Sungold', one of the sweetest cherry tomatoes, ripens to orange (Mr. Fothergills),
- 'Tom berry', a heart shaped variety and
- 'Tigerella', ripens to red with yellow stripes (Mr. Fothergills).
Once again, I've possibly sown too many zucchini seeds, but my favourites are these varieties by Franchi:
- 'Genovese' - pale green & tender even when they've turned to marrows,
- 'Rugosa Friulana' - unusual looking pale yellow, very flavourful courgettes.
- 'Striato' with striped fruits, good for marrows too.
Happy growing, everyone!