Monday, 14 June 2010
Steamed Tatsoi with Oyster Sauce
* Tatsoi or any Oriental green leafy vegetable
* Oyster Sauce (try Lee Kum Kee brand of Oyster sauce)
1. Carefully wash the vegetable to remove any soil. Tatsoi can be steamed 'whole' so there is no need to pick off the individual leaves.
2. Fill a pot with water so that the water level is below the steaming basket/ colander. Bring it to the boil.
3. Add the vegetables and place a loose fitting lid on top and steam for a couple of minutes until just wilted. You'll need to watch it like a hawk as these tender vegetables will cook very quickly in the steam. (The length of time to cook will depend on the vegetable, those with thicker stems eg: Kailan will take a little longer. Also, the vegetables at the bottom of the pile will cook faster than the ones at the top)
3. Remove from heat and drizzle with some Oyster Sauce